This is an extremely simple and low calorie technique. You can double up this recipe or mix it in with other veggies. This is great for those looking for gluten-free, low calorie, or whole food options to regular pasta. This can literally be made with 1-ingredient or you can spice it up adding a little butter or oil and seasonings.
If you like this recipe and want more, you can always check out the Body By Eats Cookbook collection.
Let’s get to it.
1. Grab a bag of carrots, a peeler, and a bowl.
2. Wash and pre-peel the carrots to remove the first rough layer.
3. Press the peeler down on the carrot with a stern force. You do not want to peel the carrot loosely. Technically, you can make this as thick or thin as you want, but you can see through the photos below my grade of thickness.
4. Complete peel each carrot and collect it into a bowl. There will be extra carrot left over that you will not be able to peel. I just save the scraps for veg and dip or other recipes.
5. For this recipe, I kept to 185g of carrot which equals around 70 calories for the “noodles.”
6. Place the carrots into a pan of boiling water. Let boil for 3-4 mins. It doesn’t take long for the carrots to cook. I actually like my a little on the tougher side so I stick to the 3 min mark.
7. At this point you can strain the noddles and put them into something else (vegetable medley or pasta) or you can eat them on their own.
8. If you want to eat them on their own or as a side — after draining them put them back into the pan, add 1 tbsp of light butter or 1/2 tbsp of oil, heavy sprinkle of salt, light sprinkle of pepper and dash of granulated garlic. Heat up slightly and mix together and serve.
Whole recipe plain – 70 Calories
With Butter/Oil – 110 Calories